Went shopping for a new coffee maker and ended up in Superstore here in Abbotsford after Wal-Mart didn't have nice ones. There was one Black & Decker SmartBrew DCM 2590 left on the shelf with a marked down price of $29. Seemed like a fair deal considering it got a thermal carafe and nice design. It turned out that it got decent review, too. Let's see! It should be better than the cheap 15 buck one I bought at Wal-Mart a year ago. A few months ago I accidentally hit the start button and it cracked the carafe. This one doesn't have a hot plate (thermal carafe wouldn't work with it because of the double wall). So this one looks like a good deal.
* 8-cup coffeemaker with 24-hour programmable digital clock/timer
* Perfect Pour thermal carafe keeps coffee hot and fresh for hours
* Water-level indicator; removable filter basket for easy filling
* Brew-pause function; "on" indicator; quick-clean touch-pad controls
* Measures approximately 12 by 8-4/5 by 13-3/5 inches